Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Caving - Lost World

I realize that I haven't really been updating this but life at home seems different than it used to so I am still trying to re-acclimate a bit to it while still keeping up my sense of adventure. Recently my friend Ashley invited me to do some caving at Lost World Caverns here in Lewisburg and I couldn't pass it up.

Basically I spent the day living like a spider monkey (one that lives in caves that is)

I did manage to see some cave geckos, crickets, and bats while I was down there.


I blindly charged into compromising situations and luckily didn't find out that I was claustrophobic halfway through.

I also decided that a nice relaxing bath in sub 50 Fahrenheit water miles away from the entrance was a good idea to clean myself off a bit. Ashley told me that this was the first time she had ever heard of anybody doing such a thing.

Bath or no bath, I still needed a shower after over 3 hours underground... maybe I will take one someday.