Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chilean have the freedom to Barbecue

In honor of the 200th anniversary of Chilean Independence the regular festivities held on the 18th of September ran from Thursday to Monday.  This all added up to a long long weekend of fun and probably about 10 extra pounds.

P9160164

To start the weekend off right I headed to an apartment gathering Thursday night and imbibed in a few beverages and ate a ton of food.

P9160165 

Then to jumpstart the next day I headed to the Botanical Garden here in Vina del Mar for a massive cookout.

 

 

P9170230

This is the appetizers of 3 full rounds of meat that were cooked on the grill not including the salads etc. (AKA the stuff I didn’t eat.  Just meat for me).

P9170192

Saturday brought a trip to the Ramada (Not the hotel but the area with amusements, food, and shopping)

P9180249

This also led to Terremotos (A drink consisting of sweet wine, rum, and pineapple ice cream)

P9180253

Then after a few of these we packed up and caught the fireworks that were directly in front of my apartment.

P9180291

To wrap up the weekend I was taken to my ladyfriend’s parents house for yet another barbecue.  I have yet to take a picture of my waistline but let it be known that I actually ate a salad yesterday by choice just to try and counteract some of the effects.

P9190303