Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nobody told me this…

spider

(WIKI)   The Chilean rose tarantula (Grammostola rosea), also known as the Chilean flame tarantula, Chilean fire tarantula or the Chilean red-haired tarantula or the Chilean rose hair tarantula (depending on the colormorph), is probably the most common species of tarantula available in pet stores today, due to the large number of wild caught specimens exported cheaply from their native Chile into the US pet trade.

So I came back from work today and guess what I spotted walking on the front step of the building…. HOLY CRAP

I am not scared of many things but let’s just say that it was not the most comfortable thing to step over on my way in.  I didn’t have the camera on me and the guy at the front desk scooped it up with a broom and moved it after I let him know it was there.  Crisis averted.