Monday, July 12, 2010

Leaving the country

THE BLOG

I understand that I should be better with my pictures and posting them on here but I am finally ready to leave the country again and there are definitely pictures to come.

Currently I am in Woodbridge, VA staying with my friend Brandon and his amazing wife Desiree and she is taking me to the airport tomorrow.  I have been hesitant to disclose my travel plans thus far because everything was tentative and like any traveler I did not want to set myself up to fail.

In terms of lateness on disclosure I really couldn't be closer.  I take my first flight tomorrow morning at 10am and I have been packed for a week now.  My first destination is Lima, Peru where I will meet up with my friends Robbie and Flame who are down there currently on different trips but the three of use will unite in the same apartment (just like at Snowshoe) for the first week I am there for some light imbibing at social gatherings (partying) and taking in of the local culture (more of the same). 

After the month of July ends I will be slowly migrating south (although unlike the birds I will be heading into winter conditions) down to Chile.  Hopefully, as of tomorrow my apartment will be booked and I will be living near the ocean in the resort town of Vina Del Mar until at least December of this year.  Granted, I will be there illegally after 3 months so before that happens I will have to cross the border for over one night before crossing back in.

Well now that my travel plans have leaked out I guess I should sleep because it is nearing 12 and I leave for the airport at 5am to catch my first flight down to Fort Lauderdale, Florida where I will wait for my 5pm flight to Lima Peru.  Wish me luck.