Friday, August 7, 2009

Kutna Hora and the Bone Church

For my last day in Prague I headed to the town of Kutna Hora to visit a "Bone Church". The church might be one of the most macabre sights that I have ever laid eyes on because it contains and estimated 40,000 skeletons inside of it and most have been arranged as decor in some way.

Here is a panoramic shot of this guy at the train station (still learning my camera)


Here is the inside of the church. Note the chandelier and pretty much everything else in the room other than me.


There are some interesting things I could say about this but I will just let it go. Apparently this church was once dusted with dirt collected from Golgotha.


Do you know any of these guys?


After an interesting day I made my way back to the train station to call it a night and prepare for my trip to Berlin.