Sunday, August 9, 2009

Heading to Berlin


After closing out the Prague chapter of the adventure I found myself at another train station and this time heading to Berling Germany where I would be doing a little couchsurfing.

Pictured below is this guy and Juma. He was my host for my first 2 nights in Berlin and the time was enjoyed. The first night we attended a beer-mile like event that had over 300 beers from around the world.

Then early the next morning we headed up tp the Baltic Sea (3 hours on a packed train) but it was a great day.


The water was chilly but not unbearable and a group of us sat out and enjoyed the sun and the company. The trip was unexpected because I had planned to sight see in Berlin but a beach is always a great way to spend a day.



Luckily we figured out that the busy train back could be avoided so we played games on a less crowded (yet slightly slower train).