Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Easter Island... Shots of Big Heads

I am now on the Isla de Pascua... or Easter Island... or Rapa Nui... OK so there are a lot of names, but there are even more Moai (AKA Giant Heads). I will save the history lesson. Just check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Island for all your needs.

When the Island was discovered all of the heads had been toppled. There are different theories for this, but some of the heads have since been propped back up to their rightful place.

I have taken a ton of pictures. Most of which don´t have me in it, but this is my website so I am in the photos. They should all be posted when I make it home, or on my facebook when I get the chance.


Me with a toppled Moai


They are quite abundant


Look like any of your relatives?


They are quite a sight to behold



I think I fit in fine right here. This trip has been amazing thus far. I have tons of picutures, but upload times are horrible... plus the beach is calling me. The sun is shining and the water was great yesterday. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. Back to Santiago on Thursday.