Saturday, September 13, 2008

Arequipa

I fled Cusco last night to keep myself from staying for months. I bought a last second bus ticket to Arequipa Peru en route to Santiago Chile. I had the pleasure of saving 3 dollars American and got to ride in the economy section of the bus. There might as well have been live chickens running around on the overnight 10 hour bus.

Now me and some friends from Essex England, but claiming to be from London are watching three consecutive football matches.

We checked into the hostel at 7 this morning and haven't left the tv room.


Jamie and James


The DVD wall that might be the plan.


We have also hatched a plan to catch another bus tonight. This would mean that my stay in Arequipa, the second largest city in Peru, lasted about 12 hours. Wish me luck.