Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Trekking in Santiago

Despite a bum leg I decided to do a little walking around Santiago... granted I did not intend on walking so much when I started. This morning my friend Cami had some classes so I opted to be taken into town and meet back up with her when she was leaving. I really hadn't taken the time to walk around, mostly due to the first time I was in town was after snowboarding and I could still barely walk.

The weather was much rougher than it has been today, but that didn't stop me.

I went by the National Zoo, but it seemed to be terribly busy with school children.

Although the view of the city from up near the zoo was nice.
On a warmer and clearer day I would have made it up to the top of the mountain above the zoo for more views, but the cloud was a whopping 20 feet above me.



I also snapped this picture. The building looks important, but I have no idea what it is. If you figure it out please let me know. In total I would say that I walked well over 10 miles today. If something looked interesting I checked it out. Now just a few more days left before Buenos Aires.