Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Day in Cusco

I arrived in Cusco yesterday, but after a big send-off from Lima I took some time to sleep once I got in. Today I awoke refreshed and went out to see the city. Luckily for me it was a Sunday parade day here in Cusco so I got to see some local flavor. Of course being the horrible tourist that I am I was only focused on food and forgot my camera in the hostel. Luckily my new hostel friend Binita brought her camera along (her camera is also a lot nicer than mine).


This is a great action shot of some of the dancing that was going on in Plaza de Armas in the center of Cusco.


The costume were quite exotic and I will have to research a little to see what stories that they convey.


After the parade I finally got that food that I originally went out for and then slipped into a nice food coma.