Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Iguazu Falls, Argentina

To validate the long bus journey north we headed into the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls. At our hostel we managed to recruit one more to our group for the day. Fyonn from Australia was the unlucky guy that had to make the journey with us.


This is a quick shot of me standing in front of one of the smaller falls that is considered large by most standards.


Granted when one of the walls looks like this it is not exactly a big waterfall.


I am fairly certain I took nearly 200 pics and a bunch of vids. Keep checking back for vids from the falls.


To end the day we headed up to the massive fall that makes the place epic. Needless to say a torrential thunderstorm blew in. We hurried to get to the end despite the painful rain and our lack of rain gear. It was amazing once we reached the end. By the time that we got to the viewpoint the rain was so hard that you could barely keep your eyes open, but there was not another person on the platform. It was windy and the rain was stinging, but I wouldn't have changed a second of it. It was easily one of the best moments of my trip thus far.

Of course somehow I managed to get a pic in the rain of Fyonn despite the rain. Most of my pics turned out really rough.